The enrolment process allows you to seamlessly switch from UTORmail to UTmail+. You will be given a firstname.lastname@example.org email address. All mail delivered to your UTORmail account will be rerouted to the new address.
Who can get a UTmail+ account?
Current University of Toronto students with UTORmail accounts are eligible to enrol for the new UTmail+ service. NOTE: If you are a student with staff status, see the article “UTmail+ for Students with Staff Status” for more details as the transtion to UTmail+ will differ from standard enrolment.
What should you know about UTmail+?
- You will be given a new email address in the form of email@example.com.
- All mail delivered to your UTORmail account will be rerouted to the new address.
- You will log in to your account at mail.utoronto.ca.
- You will continue to have access to UTORmail messages through the webmail interface until it is retired and shut down.
Once you activate UTmail+:
- Mail sent to your UTORmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be rerouted to UTmail+.
- Once you complete the process no new mail will be delivered to your UTORmail account.
- UTmail+ Forwarding option is available. If your UTORmail account is currently forwarded to another email address, the forwarding will be removed, but you can re-instate it in UTmail+ by using the options menu in UTmail+.
- Migrating mail from UTORmail to UTmail+ can be done with a built-in tool called “Connected Accounts” (see the Help Desk’s article on Merging Messages from UTORmail to UTmail+). If you wish to save any messages from UTORmail, we strongly advise you to go through this process.
If you have any questions, contact the Help Desk.
Information Commons Help Desk
Robarts Library,1st Floor
130 St. George Street