In November 2009, the CIO initiated a community consultation to identify student needs and solutions for email and other institutionally-provided e-communications services. With this, a consultation group was formed, composed of a diverse body of students, academic and administrative staff from all three campuses of the University. Here you will find the details about the group’s term of reference, meeting dates and membership.
Terms of Reference:
- To review the range and adequacy of current University services that support the e-communication needs of students.
- To recommend to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) future directions for student e-communications services that reflect changing academic and co-curricular needs, enhanced student experience, and fiscal priorities.
- To identify concerns and obligations in matters such as the protection of privacy and information security that must be addressed in determining provisioning arrangements.
- To recommend to the CIO the way in which student e-communications services should be provided; that is, which should be University–operated, which University-facilitated, and which left to personal arrangement by individual students?
- November 30, 2009
- January 13, 2010
- January 18, 2010
- January 25, 2010
The following individuals have generously offered to participate in the consultation:
- Sarah Ahmed, Student, UTM
- Arif Anwar, Student, OISE
- Christine Arsenault, Director, Department of Management Co-Op Program, UTSC
- Michelle Cortes, Strategic Communications
- Deanne Fisher, Director, Office of Student Life, St. George Campus
- Clare Hasenkampf, Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning, UTSC
- Kelly Jay, Communications, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Rochelle Mazar, Emerging Technologies Librarian, UTM
- Chris McGrath, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, UTM
- Akash Patel, Student, Faculty of Medicine
- Maryann Raby, Student, UTSC
- Seamus Ross, Dean, iSchool
- Elizabeth Smyth, Vice-Dean, School of Graduate Studies (Chair of the Committee)
- Kim Stymest, Student, Information Studies
- Cynthia Yao, Student, Trinity College
- Martin Loeffler, Director, Information Security, Information + Technology Services (I+TS)
- Alex Nishri, Manager, Email & Web Services, I+TS
- Marden Paul, Director of Planning, Governance & Assessment, I+TS
- Paul Ruppert, Director of Integrated Client Services, I+TS